Semi-Finalist for PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival

I have started my advocacy commitment for intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding among Americans and Arab Muslims during my stay in the US last year. Coming from North Africa and being faced myself with many stereotypes while engaging in sincere conversations, made me realize that the first step to bridge both cultures is to expose those stereotypes, explore information from both parts of the world and tell a different story of the mainstream media. 

One of the harsh statements that an Arab can hear is attacked of being "a terrorist" because of the act of few! my short video "Arab Muslims living in the USA" highlights the views of Americans and Arab Muslims living in the US who have a different story to tell than that of hatred, skepticism and intolerance.

I entered with my video an international competition on PLURAL + 2013 Youth Video Festival  a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAoC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM), in partnership with many important international agencies which encourages young people to explore migration, diversity and social inclusion, and to share their creative vision with the world.

During this competitive year, my video was a semi-finalist among 250 submissions from over 70 countries around the world! Feeling proud! 







Comments

Popular

تكذيب لكل ما نشر في وسائل الإعلام

Media Control and Political Power in democratic societies ?!

Youth Radicalisation and Distrust

Ma réponse à son Excellence Monsieur Emmanuel Macron